04 January 2005

Away Too Long

I can’t smile forever. I need to start talking Thai with people. I’ve been here the amount of time that now I AM missing things from home: cuddling up in a sweater with the cats and dog in front of the fire and a good movie with a bowl of chocolate ice-cream. There are no couches to snuggle up on here with a good book, only wooden furniture that won’t gather mold. A warm, crisp bagel smeared with cream cheese would be wonderful. I get neither bread nor cheese here, only rice, rice, rice. A hot scalding shower. A dry bathroom floor. Different clothes than the limited ensemble that was packed with me. A refrigerator with sandwich makings. Good quality items; even the clothespins are better in the U.S. for heaven’s sake!

0 comments:

 

Copyright © 2010 Kate's Updates | Blogger Templates by Splashy Templates | Free PSD Design by Amuki