02 January 2005

Tsunami

News: After Christmas day there was a 9 point something on the Richter scale earthquake in the ocean off Indonesia that sent a massive tsunami into Thailand devastating islands and coast, much of the hit area foreign tourist destinations during the height of the season. I am much further north and inland and haven’t actually even seen any news footage yet, just a quick statement on the radio. I didn’t think about calling home. I forgot my friends and relatives see Thailand as one spot on the map with no concept of where I am located in relation to the devastation. Two friends called my parents, frantic. Then my parents got hyped, called the Smithsonian, called Mel, called Peter. The state department was called. Sheesh. I feel stupid for not guessing they’d be worried. Well, it is good to be loved.

0 comments:

 

Copyright © 2010 Kate's Updates | Blogger Templates by Splashy Templates | Free PSD Design by Amuki